Fabrice & I

Fabrice & I
Truly Happy...

Monday, December 7, 2009

Meet The Parents...Our First Thanksgiving Together

Thanksgiving 09 was quite memorable!  I met Fabrice's family for the first time, and I can honestly say they were great!  Of course, when you meet  your significant other's family for the first time, a little bit of anxiety is inevitable, right?  What if they don't like you? or even worse, what if YOU don't like THEM.  It may sound crazy, but the latter is much scarier to me.  I hate to sound brash, but honestly, it would be easier to brush off someone not liking me, than the other way around.  I figure it's easier to work on building a relationship with someone over time if the onus is on me.  But if I don't like someone, I likely won't even want to try, and that would inevitably be detrimental to any relationship.  Not that any of this matters, in the case of the Saint-Elie family.  I truly ADORED every one that I met, and I had a fabulous time!  There was lots of laughing, good times, and good eatin'! His family welcomed me with open arms, and made me feel right at home instantly!  And I could not have wished for a better Thanksgiving this year!

Fabrice's family (except him) are all vegetarians, so it was my first (I hope not the last) vegetarian Thanksgiving!  Now, I do enjoy vegetarian food.  My mom is a vegetarian, and I'm usually the only one she can drag out to her vegetarian restaurants.  But of course, for the average American family, Thanksgiving means overindulging in turkey, ham, roast, and all the meat-filled sides your heart desires.  I have to say, I enjoyed my Thanksgiving dinner SO VERY MUCH!  The food was phenomenal. I should probably should have taken pictures.  We had two different types of quiche, a SUPER YUMMY onion tart, two types of vegetarian meatballs, a vegetarian roast with a mushroom gravy, cabbage, carrots, macaroni and cheese, and bread from Mr. Saint-Elie's bakery.  I am sure I'm missing something, but everything was sooooo flavorful. Oh, and Fabrice's dad made a PHENOMENAL apple tart, that just about knocked my socks off!  So all in all, I guess you can assume that I did not miss the meat.  Fabrice is looking forward to Christmas with my family next, and it will definitely be quite the other extreme.  Our family tradition is gumbo!  I'm sure he is going to love it, as much as I loved all the yummy dishes at his family's home.

Anyway, I know this is a couple weeks late, but this Thanksgiving, among many, many, other things, I am thankful that I met such a wonderful man.  He came into my life so unexpectedly, and has been such a blessing thus far, and I am looking forward to sharing many more holidays with him in the future!





















1 comments:

Gylliwilli said...

ADORABLE!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails