Fabrice & I

Fabrice & I
Truly Happy...

Friday, May 7, 2010

Fab's Big Day...

...not to be confused with "our" big day *wink wink* (he's gonna kill me..Lol)  Okay, the day that my boyfriend has been working toward for the past three years is finally within reach.  I can't tell you how many times I had to remind him how close he was to the end over this past year.  I think the time went by so incredibly fast.  I guess I think of time in terms our our relationship, and I can't believe that its been almost a year since Fab and I first began to form a friendship on Twitter.  AN ENTIRE Almost a YEAR! (Fab informed me that I was lying exaggerating on the timeline)  Today, I officially started preparing for my semi-annual conference at work.  It made me think of a conversation I had with Fab on Twitter from the conference last July. By then we had become pretty good friends on Twitter.  He had just returned home from an internship with Congress in DC (a time he describes as the most horrible and wonderful experience of his life).  One month later, he entered into his LAST year of law school and a new relationship with a girl he met on twitter...Me!  Throughout this year, our relationship has grown and I find myself loving Fab more and more.  I came into his life at the end of his law school journey but I feel like I've walked these last few steps right by his side, and I AM SO PROUD OF HIM! 

So, for Fab, the excitement of graduation has kind of been tempered by finals and a 25 page paper (the AWLR). To be honest, he's been more stressed than excited over the last couple weeks, but he turned in his AWLR and knocked out 2 finals this week! So he's beginning to really taste it now! Every morning, Fab sends me a good morning email with a witty subject line --- "Good Morning (XXX edition)." He's 3 hours ahead and its usually about noon for him by the time I get settled into things at work. He usually just gives me the run down of his day and says something silly to make me smile. The subject line of this morning's email was "Good Morning (I accidentally murdered my sports law final edition)" and for the 1st time in the last couple weeks I could hear the excitement kicking in. In the email he told me that he received his cap and gown today and the "doctoral hood made him happy as hell." Well it apparently made me happy as hell too, because I was smiling at the computer screen reading the email. haha! Here are some pics of his cap and gown and his invitations (which he ordered late and just received last week... smh.. he is going to kill me)





I'll be heading to Jax next Thursday to watch Mr. Fabrice Claude Saint-Elie Esquire walk across that state and accept his Juris Doctorate and I am so very excited... excited for him because I know how hard he's worked and the sacrifices he's made during this time. It's been a long road...a fun road, but a long road. I have to admit that I am also excited for what this means for US. #SelfishPlug Lol. Now that law school is over, we can begin planning our future. I'm crossing my fingers that the days of "loving long distance" will be coming to an end soon. Granted, he's still gotta pass the bar and all but we are so much closer than we were!!! and that is something to be excited about!

I LOVE YOU!!! AND I'M SO PROUD!!!  SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!!!

p.s. Next week, I'll be needing some help picking out my outfit for the graduation.  Fab's sister Audrey is something like a paparazzo (Fab loves to remind me that paparazzi is plural.  I hope this makes him proud) so I have to be picture perfect on Fab's big day!  I'll be posting pics on my "fashion" blog, frugal FASHIONISTA so folks can vote!

1 comments:

Master Luke103 said...

Aww Thanks babe. Nice use of paparazzo. I'm impressed lol. See you in 7 days.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails