Fabrice & I

Fabrice & I
Truly Happy...

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

He Shared His Big Day with Me!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right folks, it was his big day, but he selflessly decided to share it with me!!!  and I am now the proud FIANCE of Mr. Fabrice Claude Saint-Elie JD!!!! Saturday was an exciting day.  I started the day ironing Fab's graduation regalia.  He was sooooo excited that he got dressed about an hour and a half early.  I tried to get him to take off his shirt until it was time to go so he wouldn't get it dirty but he refused...LOL.  He was just so anxious... so I let him be while he shaved, brushed his teeth, and ate leftover spaghetti with his black collared shirt on.  Fortunately, he didn't spill anything...phew!

While I was ironing and getting ready for the day Fab walked into his bedroom and pretends to grab something from under the bed.  He gets on one knee and pretends to ask me me to marry him.  Of course, this was a joke and I brushed it off with a "yeah right" and he says "Is that what I'm supposed to do? Do guys still get down on one knee or is that corny?"  I replied "noooo, that's corny.  I wouldn't want you to do that because that's not you.  I wouldn't want you to ask me in a way that's not you.  That wouldn't be your style."  He goes "yeah, you're right.  That's not me at all."  Now, I never would have imagined that he was fishing for information.  I totally thought that was just a random question.  We have random conversations about marriage all the time (he'd probably say they're not random because I always bring it up...hmmm...maybe. LOL).  I had NO CLUE whatsoever that he was planning on asking me to marry him later that day.

Now, let's rewind back to Friday evening.  Fab's family arrived to Jax around 5 o'clock and we all headed over to the Florida Coastal campus for a Graduation Open House put on by the school that allowed graduates to give their family a tour, talk to the alumni association, and take pics in graduation regalia with family.  Here is one of our pics...


As we are walking to the car after the Open House, Fab gets a mysterious phone call.  He answers the phone "This is he" and walks off to take the call away from me and his family.  It was really weird, but I assumed it was work or school related.  I asked him who it was when we got in the car, and he said to just trust him but he couldn't tell me.  I was confused, but determined not to make a big deal out of it so I left it alone.  I now know that that mysterious phone call was from my Dad!!!  He had called my dad to ask for my hand and my dad was returning the call.  Can you believe it! How incredibly amazing and charming is that! it is not every day that you run into a 28 year old with good old fashioned values (at least not in CA).

Now back to graduation day.  My mom called to congratulate Fab on his big day. He grabs Nala, the family dog, and "takes her on a walk" while he's talking to my mom.  Turns out he was also revealing his plans to my mom!  At this point, I am frantically running around trying to get dressed so we can head over to the arena for graduation.  I still have no idea that within the next 4 hours Fab would not only officially be a lawyer, but he'd also become my fiance!  Here is a pic of my future hubby crossing the stage for his big moment after being hooded, and a couple pics from after graduation with his family and friends.  I am still completely clueless that my own big moment is less than an hour away...


Now, the next picture captures the moment just after the discreet ring pass off... Fab and his mom slipped off into the arena (or so I thought). I noticed them walk off and I assumed there were just going to the restroom.  Hehe...sure fooled me!  He's got my ring tucked safely in his pocket with his beloved blackberry...(side note: Doesn't mom look proud!)

 

So graduation was over, and we were all floating on cloud 9!  It was time to go celebrate!!! but Fab had even more excitement planned for me in the next hour or so.  The graduation ceremony was much shorter than anticipated so we pushed our dinner reservation up from 7:30 to 6.  Fab's family and friends headed over to the restaurant but Fab insisted on stopping at the house first to change.  When we got there, I ironed his shirt, and he changed. We were on our way out the door (so I thought) and I grabbed my purse to refresh my lip gloss.  I was on my way to the bathroom, gloss in hand, when Fab walked up to me and said "This is weird. I've never done this before." I'm thinking to myself, what is he talking about? So I said, "Honey, we gotta go. I'm trying to put my lip gloss on." So I walked past him to the bathroom and he followed behind me and grabbed my arm.  When I turned around, he whipped out the ring and looked me dead in the eye....

"Noooooooooooo..."

That's right folks, in shock, the first thing that came out of my mouth was "noooooooo" as in "no way"  followed by "are you serious? oh my God? are you serious?"  to which he replied "are you telling me no?"  "oh no, I mean yes! YES!!! of course!" Lol.  It was all pretty surreal, and I'm smiling at the screen as I type this.  So, he goes to put the ring on my finger, and he goes for the right hand, so I say "no, no, wrong hand, its the left" Lol.  So my fiance slipped my engagement ring on my finger and gave me a big kiss, and I literally skipped around the living room in circles giggling! smh.  I was (am) so elated... Well, I'm not sure how, but we managed to get out of the house and on our way to the graduation dinner after snapping a couple pics of the ring, which I promptly mass texted to my friends and family from my slowly dying iphone which was already below 20% battery life.  As you can probably imagine my phone was dead before I finished my salad at dinner...


Fabrice, I LOVE YOU!!!! Thank you for making what was supposed to be your special day, our special day! I can't wait to spend the rest of my life you!!! *smooches*


After Dinner, all the young folks went out to celebrate at the Ritz bar! Shout out to my new sister, Audrey, and to Fabrice's childhood best friends (from left to right) Kashel, Kandis, and Kristin! Thanks for coming out to celebrate our special night! We love you all!  And shout out to Audrey's boyfriend, Trevor also known as "Bro" in the 2nd picture below, where you'll also see Fab comforting me in my "I'm so happy" tears of joy moment in the middle of the bar... smh.




13 comments:

Theo said...

Good stuff. Congrats to yall. Let it be said though, that a gentleman can eat food in nice clothes and keep them nice. Also, to all the women reading this, PLEASE stop being so surprised and stuff. Say yes, THEN get bewildered. Men waiting during those 25-50 seconds of shock are usually perplexed. Just hurry up and say yes. I was just talking to some other married men about this a couple weeks ago.

Anonymous said...

This is too precious for words, I feel like I know you (I do know Fab) and I definitely know your story. I wish you two all the best !!!

Ife' said...

Thanks, Jess!!!! I can't wait to meet you in person one day! I hear you're also doing the long distance twitter love thing! Best to you guys!

Trniii, LOL!!!! You guys are just too good at keeping the whole thing a secret! We can't help but be shocked! You know we've been waiting our whole lives for that moment :)

Master Luke103 said...

^You should've practiced saying yes at some point during said waiting period.

Chaucee said...

Aw congrats dear! I just found your blog, but this is the best way to be greeted : ) I'm so happy for you! And if you ever need a photographer for your big day, look me up! ;P

Bree said...

Aww that's so cute! Congrats! The ring is beautiful :):)

Anonymous said...

Aww, that is so great Congratulations!

(found you through 20SB)

~Naomi

max said...

I just read your whole story...sooo romantic and lovely. I wish you both the best!

El'Aundra Dolce said...

So I saw your blog. I wanted to invite you to edk.dolce I developed the idea for "Featured Followers by Elle © " where I promote all my followers, and give them a chance to attract more people to their blog & for my followers to learn more about them! Check out my blog @ www.edkdolce.blogspot.com
*Elle

BlackPearl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your story is so amazing and I am so happy for both of you!!!!

Thanks for stopping by my site!!

Sunny Side-Up said...

This was toooo cute!!!!!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWW I'm so happy for you!!!!!! I'm so excited for my big day! My boyfriend recently moved to Iowa for work, and I'm here in Florida. We've always been long distance but this is super long distance now. Hahahaa We talk about marriage but I'm sure I'd react the same way you did, I'd prob scream "NOOOOOOOOOOO" tooo, and then scream "oh my gosh yessssssssss!"

Your fiancee's name sounds Haitian. Fabrice! Claude! Saint-Elie! lol very Haitian sounding hahhaha (I'm Haitian btw).

This is sooo awesome!!!!! I'm cheesing like it was my day! lol

God bless!

The Fashionista Next Door said...

Hey There! Lol. My fiance is French, but people always think he's Haitian because of the name. Lol.

Thank you soooo much for your sweet words. Long distance is all about perseverance and communication! Talk and visit as often as you can! It CAN work!

Skinny Hipster... said...

awwww big congrats to you

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails